Checklist for this error:
- Is the Plantronics headset fully charged?
- The headset will only charge when securely resting on its base. If the headset is left off the base, the battery will drain.
- Is the Plantronics headset itself turned on?
- Light should be flashing near the power button on the earpiece. If this is not flashing, then press the power button on the earpiece once. This is a toggle button. (see headset diagram below)
- Is the Plantronics base set to communicate with the computer?
- The base of the headset has three lights. You'll want to ensure the Computer light is lit up. If not, press the Computer button. (see base diagram below)
- Is Windows audio properly configured?
- In the Windows audio dialog, Screaming Bee Audio should be set as the default Recording device, and Plantronics headset should be set as the default Playback device. (see images below)
- Is MorphVox audio properly configured?
- Under MorphVox -> Preferences -> Device Settings: ensure that Microphone is set to Plantronics headset, and Playback is set to Default Direct Sound device
Windows Audio Setup: